Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My 1st Layout!!!

Hello Crafty Friends!!!

Today I want to share my very 1st Layout with you all...
I love scrapbook pages...its a great way to capture a moment!!
Always drool over the fabulous layouts that Laurel , Yvonne and lots of amazing crafters create.
Only problem I've is my extremely POOR photography skills...I wish my friend Trish did all the photo part for me...she is great with camera!!! I always think.. for a best layout you need some AWESOME photo's.
So here is my 1st layout with a school pic of my sweet lil' one ...ANISHA...its good to start with a picture taken by a professional!

 Anisha is the sweetest one in our family! She has braces from age of 4 to correct her underbite problem. She is amazing with it...never complains about all discomforts of these braces, always cooperates with the Orthodontists (they love her) .........very happy child!!! She made this painful treatment very easy for all of us!!
I love that SMILE ...so thought of making a layout  about it!!


I'm a cardmaker...usually I don't buy 12" x12" papers ...luckily had a collection pack from Crate papers and I picked the Chevron paper for the background, its  trendy and my favorite pattern now.
To match up the chevron background and make it lil' girly I created Chevron Pattern with 4 shades of pink Bazzill cardstock! I will share the easy tutorial for it soon.

Did lot of stitching on it!!! Used some of the stickers and die cut elements from the same Crate Paper- Random collection.
I really had fun making this...I'll try some more as soon as I find some good pics ;)
Please leave me comments about this layout ...I would like to hear your honest opinion about my 1st scrapbooking attempt.
All the fabulous scrapbookers out there please share some tips about how to take a good photo of the finished layout...I had hard time figuring it out :(

Thank you for stopping by!!

13 comments:

yyam said...

Whoa! This is fabulous for your very first layout! I love the topic and the sweet colours. That chevron cardstock background is sooooooo trendy girl! I love the little touches at the edges too....

P/s: Take a photo of your layout in indirect light (morning or evening) without flash, then make colour adjustments in a photo-editing software.

~amy~ said...

Whoa...you gotta scrap more...first time and it is perfectly FABulous!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!

....stinkin' cute is right.

Laurel said...

Awesome job, love the chevron!

Torico said...

This is gorgeous, Piali! I can't even believe that this is your 1st layout!!

Isha Gupta said...

Great first LO Piali. Love how you created the graded colored Chevron.

Lalo said...

This is your first!?! Amazing job!!! My first layout was a mess but this one is fab...you really should do more!!!

Rose said...

get out of here!!! this is your FIRST layout??
you are sure to make Yvonne and Laurel proud :) honestly i love it!!!! :) i am not a scrapbooker and no one sees my layouts if i can help it except hubby.
your little girl is precious :)

Elaine coustley said...

You have done a really lovely layout her smile is just so sweet.
The colour combination and pattern of the papers have come up matching the photo. Well done.x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Seriously? This is really your very first layout?!! Shut the front door!! Girl, you have a true natural knack for design!! Your brilliant combinations of pattern (chevrons) with the subtle black and white pattern, and then the random embellishments all combine to make a terrific project!! Clearly, you are creative, through and through, girlie!! Love it and you!! XO

scrappi said...

In my honest opinion your first page is stunning. I can't wait to show it to my friends. I'm sure there will be some "scrap lifting" going on. Absolutely gorgeous.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Are you kidding me Piali? This is your first attempt at scrapping? Girlie...you look like a PRO! I love this page...I really LOVE it!

Riti said...

Love it Completely!!! The Colors, the placements of all the elements & the CAS look!!
And your daughter is a Doll !
I think you should do more of layouts now... U Rock it !!

smiles & hugs,
Riti

JFSB said...

Love, love, love!!

xo,
JFSB